Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jumping on the Sulfate-Free Bandwagon

My scalp has been really dry lately. I mean really dry, and flaky. I tried a few things.. Head & Shoulders (which was probably drying my scalp out even more in retrospect), oiling my scalp, clarifying (thinking I must have had a lot of product build-up), etc.

I decided to give one last thing a try: going sulfate-free. I went to the pharmacy this morning and bought Live Clean's Fresh Water Moisturizing Shampoo. Live Clean is an all-organic Canadian brand, whose product line looks amazing (including Argan Oil, Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, Apple Cider Vinegar Clarifying Shampoo, etc.). I don't really have any results to report yet since I'm still under the dryer. I can say that it smelled heavenly though, and my hair didn't dry out as it usually does when I'm putting in my rollers.

After a few uses, I'll write a review.

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in seeing your review.I gave up sulfates as well and go to Canada about twice a year, so if it works well the product junkie in me will compell me buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I washed a second time with it already and so far so good! There has been a noticeable difference in my hair.. my hair has way more shine, causing it to appear darker than it was when I was using shampoos with sulfates. I'll probably write a full review this weekend, including the complete ingredients list and whatnot :)

    ReplyDelete