Friday, September 18, 2009

14 weeks and counting

I had my last relaxer June 12th, so today I've reached the 14 week mark. Last time I stretched 16. It's true that this stretching thing gets easier and easier with experience. I was never one to relax at less than 10 weeks though, and I thank my hairdresser for that. Not only because she recommends coming every 8-10 weeks, but because I dread going there, so I always try to stretch as long as I can (To make a long story short, I never leave there before at least 3.5 hours have passed..).

I haven't been doing anything special with my hair. I've been pretty lazy actually. I haven't deep conditioned in about 2 weeks, and haven't done any protein treatments in a while either. I've been prepooing with coconut oil, washing with Head and Shoulders, then conditioning with Aussie Moist. Once out of the shower, I spray on some Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-In to make up for skipping the CPR, apply some NTM Leave-In Cream, and seal with coconut oil. Then I put my hair into 3-4 plaits and sit under the dryer for about half an hour. I do this before bed, then let my hair airdry overnight. In the morning, it's still a little bit damp, but that's fine.

I don't have any particular goal when it comes to stretching, in terms of weeks. I will set my relaxer appointment if I start to have breakage or if any other issues arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment