Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Close to 16 weeks...


I'm currently 15 weeks and 4 days post-relaxer, and it has been going really well! I had a gala to go to for work on Friday, for which I flat ironed my hair. I was disappointed in myself because I was extremely pressed for time, and had to wash, dry, flat iron my hair AND get dressed within about 2.5 hours. I was basically forced to blowdry it. I have a really old blowdryer that is NOT ionic, so it really pained me to use it. I used some CHI Silk Infusion and Dove Heat Protectant to minimize the damage. In the days after the gala, I "searched and destroyed" my split ends.

I can see some noticeable growth in my hair since my last post. It seems that I've officially reached BSL. My goal was MBL, but I think I might increase that to waist length. I am not a huge fan of WL for myself while STRAIGHT, but I'd like to have a curly-ish roller set that will be about MBL.

I've been mostly wearing my hair in braidouts to help me through this stretch. I follow my usual wash day routine, perhaps with a few more protein treatments than when I have less new growth. I've become lazy and just do them in the shower. I've also been somewhat lazy with my moisturizing deep conditioning, but have been co-washing more than usual. I'm finishing up some Hello Hydration I've had lingering around, and I bought some Aussie Moist yesterday from Walmart. Tonight I used some Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-In after my wash and moisturizing deep conditioning session. My hair is currently airdrying with some coconut oil. I'll wait until bedtime to braid it in 4 plaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment