Monday, March 29, 2010

First Wash after Texlaxing

I relaxed on Thursday, and washed today. I washed using Creme of Nature's Neutralizing Shampoo. I definitely won't be repurchasing this shampoo, if I choose to continue self-relaxing. It's supposed to have a colour indicator (supposed to be white when hair is back to a neutral pH), but it seems to wash out white from the get-go.

I then deep conditioned for 25 minutes under the hooded dryer with ORS Replenishing Olive Oil Deep Conditioner, coconut oil, and olive oil applied to my scalp using an applicator bottle.

I rinsed in and detangled in the shower.

Once out, I applied Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave-in conditioner and a tad of CHI Silk Infusion. I rolled my hair using gray rollers, and am now sitting until the dryer for about an hour and ten minutes. My hair most likely won't be dry once that time is up, but I have to be out from under the dryer to watch Gossip Girl ;)

I will probably roll my hair with 2-3 flexi rods before bed.

It felt so great not to have to battle with my hair after washing it. This means my relaxer was much more successful than it was the last time. I still have a lot of texture, which I am happy about. I really don't think I will ever feel 100% confident self-relaxing my hair because I am scared of having a setback. I guess practice makes perfect, but there isn't really that much room for error when using caustic chemicals..

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl, Quick Question: Have you always texlaxed? I would like to transition to texlaxed cuz right now I get bone straight relaxers which makes my hair look so thin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't! My hair has been relaxed for the past 12 years. January of this year, I made my first attempt at self-relaxing. Ending up texlaxed was totally by accident, but I ended up liking it. There are tons of girls on Long Hair Care Forum with texlaxed hair, and are really enjoying the best of both worlds. If you're thinking of transitioning to texlaxed, I definitely think you should check out the Texlaxers Support Thread there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I will be sure to check out the Texlaxers Support Thread on LHCF. Your hair is gorgeous by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete