Friday, March 26, 2010

Self-Texlaxing: Attempt #2

My original plan was to self-relax sometime this weekend, but my scalp was starting to itch, so last night, I decided I would do it right there and then.

I based my scalp with Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil (it's basically a mineral oil-free hair grease, IMO). I did the half-and-half method (relaxed half of my head of hair, rinsed it, then relaxed the second half). I pre-parted all of my sections, and applied the relaxer (ORS lye) using an applicator brush. I smoothed the sections with my gloved hands. The application + processing totaled 15 minutes per side. I did a quick protein treatment using Motions CPR in the shower, then neutralized with Cream of Nature. I followed up with a deep conditioning treatment under the hooded dryer for about 20 minutes, using ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner.

It was getting late, and I did not have time to rollerset, so I blowdried on cool till maybe 50% dry, then blowdried on warm until fully dry. I also flat ironed, put in two flexi rods then put on my satin bonnet. (As leave-ins prior to drying, I used Aphogee Green Tea + One 'N Only Argan oil. I applied a tad of CHI Silk Infusion before flat ironing).

I can't even tell you what percentage I texlaxed to. I'll have to see this next time I wet my hair. I think I'll deep condition by Monday or something.

My camera batteries are dead, so I took a picture just now with my webcam. It's pretty dark, but wtv. I did not do a length check. I've been doing them way too often, so I am going to try my best to hold out on that until at least early May ;)


All in all, it seems to be a success. On the other hand, I must admit that I don't enjoy relaxing my hair myself. My new growth is so hard to part, and I have a lot of hair, so it is a lot of work. I might end up going back to a salon next time.. my next dilemma will be trying to choose who to go to.. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment