Sunday, March 21, 2010

Maybe the 2nd Time Will be a Charm?

It'll be 20 weeks this Friday since I last went to my hairdresser for a relaxer, and 7 weeks since my botched self-relaxer attempt. My hair is so underprocessed that it basically feels like I didn't relax at all. It's getting really hard to deal with the two textures, that I think I will be relaxing this weekend.

There are a couple of things that went wrong the last time that I surely will not repeat:

- did not leave the relaxer on to process. Don't ask LOL I was so nervous about overprocessing, that I basically rinsed the relaxer out a couple of minutes after it was applied. I did this even though I used a mild relaxer and added oil to it. The paranoia of having an overprocessing setback got the best of me.

- I didn't smooth the relaxer over my new growth once I had applied it to my whole head

My hair is really coarse and resistant. I don't think I'll be adding any oil to it this time, because I cannot risk being underprocessed again. My goal was to begin texlaxing, but I obviously not been able to achieve that happy medium yet. I'll see if using the mild relaxer without oil will be it.

-------------------------------------

I deep conditioned on dry hair today with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. Prior to adding the conditioner to my hair, I applied EVOO to my scalp using an applicator bottle. Once I added the conditioner, I applied coconut oil over my hair. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for about 25 minutes. I rinsed in the shower, did a protein treatment with Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor, and a quick condition with Aussie Moist.

Once out of the shower, I sprayed Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer on my hair, and applied One 'N Only Argan Oil. I sectioned my hair into 4, and blowdried on a warm setting (it was too late to rollerset, and too close to bedtime to airdry). Once dry, I rolled with 5 flexi rods, covered with my satin bonnet, and now I'm laying in bed ;)

Will post some pics tomorrow.

ETA:


1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, I went through the same thing last relaxer. All I could think about was making sure I didn't over process. Instead of making I was rinsing out at just the right moment, I ended up with slightly texturized new growth. I decided to stick it out though, and wait the full term till next touch up. You hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete