Monday, November 9, 2009

Self-Trim

Yesterday, I did a flexi rod set. I was rushed to leave the house, and my hair was not fully dry. By the end of the day, it looked like a complete disaster. All that work down the drain. I guess it was my fault for attempting it with such time constraints.

Today I co-washed the curls away, and air dried with some Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-In and a touch of coconut oil.

One dry, I applied some Dove heat protectant and CHI Silk Infusion and flat ironed. This wasn't originally part of the plan, but I decided I would trim my ends for the first time myself.

Anyway, here is the result:I'll try to maintain it for a few days. As I previously mentioned, I have some mesh rollers on the way, so once those arrive, I know I'll be really excited to test them out, so will perhaps co-wash again this week. I guess it all depends on how the current style holds up. I really don't believe I have the correct moisturizers needed to maintain flat ironed hair. I also feel like my hair ends up being neglected because I don't use any coconut oil on my hair when I'm wearing it straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment