Monday, June 1, 2009

Shedding: What's normal and what isn't


I am 10 weeks post-relaxer, and have been experiencing a great deal of shedding. I'm still somewhat new to this hair care thing, so I was not sure what diagnosis to give myself. I've never done a deep conditioning with heat, so I decided it definitely wouldn't hurt to try that.

I applied Motions CPR to my hair in the shower, and went under the dryer with a plastic cap for 10 minutes. I hopped back into the shower, rinsed, squeezed out the excess water, then applied Aussie Moist to my hair (I want to get an actual moisturizing deep conditioner sometime in the near future). I am currently under the dryer, and will stay about 20 minutes or so. I wish I could stay longer, but I plan on rollersetting once I rinse out the Aussie, and being under the dryer is so hot, not to mentioning time and energy-consuming.

The feeling of warm hair, doused with conditioner felt amazing. I hope I see a difference in my hair after it dries from the rollerset. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment