Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Hair Care Resolutions

I've been a member of LHCF since 2007, but became a paying member in February 2009, so it's been pretty much a year that I have been serious about my HHJ. I've learned a lot and changed a lot of my hair practices within the last year.

During 2009, I started:

  • deep conditioning
  • doing protein treatments
  • to co-wash
  • clarifying
  • rollersetting
  • to only flat iron for special occasions (for the most part)
  • moisturizing and sealing twice daily
  • caring which shampoos and conditioners I use
  • experimenting with different hairstyles
It's been great. I see a huge different in my hair. I'm pretty happy with my progress, but there are things I'd like to change/improve.

2010 Resolutions:

  • Begin protective styling - I used to always do this before I got my first flat iron. I didn't know what else to do with my hair but put it up in a bun. My hair was long, but very dry. I know I will never be a girl who always has her hair in a bun, but I'd like to put it up at least a few times a week, especially during the winter.
  • Not relax "bone straight" - I want to begin texlaxing for the new year. I'm sick of the flat, lifeless hair that I have after relaxing. Lately I've been wearing my hair in braidouts all the time, and I am appreciating textured styles more. If I decide to go natural at a certain point, transitioning from texlaxed to natural will be less of a stretch.
  • Oil my scalp religiously - with either coconut oil and/or olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment