During 2009, I started:
- deep conditioning
- doing protein treatments
- to co-wash
- to only flat iron for special occasions (for the most part)
- moisturizing and sealing twice daily
- caring which shampoos and conditioners I use
- experimenting with different hairstyles
- Begin protective styling - I used to always do this before I got my first flat iron. I didn't know what else to do with my hair but put it up in a bun. My hair was long, but very dry. I know I will never be a girl who always has her hair in a bun, but I'd like to put it up at least a few times a week, especially during the winter.
- Not relax "bone straight" - I want to begin texlaxing for the new year. I'm sick of the flat, lifeless hair that I have after relaxing. Lately I've been wearing my hair in braidouts all the time, and I am appreciating textured styles more. If I decide to go natural at a certain point, transitioning from texlaxed to natural will be less of a stretch.
- Oil my scalp religiously - with either coconut oil and/or olive oil