Wednesday, January 20, 2010


I'm so torn..

I'm getting so bored of my relaxed hair. Lately, I have been really digging "bigger" styles, like braidouts, flexi rod sets, etc. I like having my hair look really full, and sometimes I feel like achieving that with relaxed hair is somewhat redundant since I could have that naturally.

I've had relaxed hair since I was 14 years old. Prior to that, all I did with my hair was wash it once a week, blowdry it with a comb attachment, put grease over it and put it in a bun. With the knowledge I have now about hair care, being natural would be a completely different experience than it was back then. The only thing stopping me is the headache of transitioning. There is no way that I would cut my hair into a TWA. I admit, my hair is my security blanket. There's no way I would even consider having hair shorter than SL-APL. I never have in my life.

Right now, I'm 12 weeks post. I'm considering trying to transition by the way of rollersetting and flat ironing my roots. The longest I've stretched my relaxer is 20 weeks, so hopefully I can get there again without a problem.

The other option is to texlax. They say it's the best of both worlds?

I'm so torn..

I'll just keep on stretching, and weigh my pros and cons during that time.

1 comment:

  1. you're not alone, i'm very bored with my hair as well. i like hair with volume but thats not always what i get with my relaxed hair, unless its freshly done. i'd love to go natural, but there's noooooo way i could stand a big chop or transitioning right now.

    if you do decide to transition i hope it goes great for you!

    ReplyDelete